Options

70-785 test nightmare

EDIT: SHOULD READ 70-685 (typo)
After passing my 70-680 yesterday :), I was due to tackle the 70-685 today.

Got to the test centre on time, and off I went with my 70-685 exam.

All was going fine until just past halfway when pc locked up and crashed - unable to progress further.

After some Prometric help, test restarted but was different set of questions - unable to resume first attempt.

On second attempt, all was ok until about 75% of the way through, when same question crashed again.

Test abandoned due to insufficient time left.

Prometric are willing for me to re-register the test and try again.

I raised the issue with Microsoft and they suggested I raise a Challenge form.
I've done this but this is not just a challenge against one question.

Is Microsoft able to award a pass/fail result against questions already done prior to the problem.
e.g. I have done over 57 questions today to no avail.

Any advice please with regards this?

Comments

• Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Look at the bright side: you were not a pilot doing their solo certification flight and the engine quit on you.

If Prometrics are giving you a "freebie", and you are not out of pocket the exam fee, just reschedule and pass the 685 exam. It won't be the last time a computer locks up on you at a most inconvenient and unlucky moment.

Congrads on the 680 pass. It is a hard one to get through.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    ITMonkey wrote: »
    Look at the bright side: you were not a pilot doing their solo certification flight and the engine quit on you.

Ok fair point.

I'm waiting for Microsoft to get back to me but I was told that I can resit it when I want upto a year from now, so I suppose I can look at it as having had two very realistic practice tests :)

At least now I know the exam format and the type of questions that can be asked :)
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, look at it in a positive light, at least you got 2 real practice sessions. You can't argue with that. Few years ago, a coworker of mine prepared for the MCITP EA 70-647 exam. It's a REALLY tough exam and he studied burned the candle at both ends studying for months. He was freaked out about taking the test because of the time spent studying and how hard it was. He showed up at the test center only to find it had closed (permanently) and no one had notified him. Well he was so pumped up, I guess he lost it, called into work and said he just couldn't make it and went and got drunk. LOL.

But I get how you felt. We pump ourselves up for these exams. Over the course of my career I've did more than 20 exams and each time I go in there I'm nervous and wired.
  • Options
    aj6065aj6065 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took my 70-680 the other day, and my PC froze 1.5 hours into the test with only 5 questions remaining. I was starting to panic and thought I would have to start all over again from the beginning. My test questions were easier than I was expecting, and I was feeling a passing score. Luckily the test saved itself and I was able to pickup where I left off after the PC restarted. I would have flipped out if I restarted and got a different set of questions!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The freezes seem to happen with the M$ exams the most. I had my 294 exam freeze 3 times on me.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    aj6065 wrote: »
    I just took my 70-680 the other day, and my PC froze 1.5 hours into the test with only 5 questions remaining. Luckily the test saved itself and I was able to pickup where I left off after the PC restarted.

Glad your test was able to restart where you left off. Unfortunately, mine didn't and I had to start over again.
    However, I do take onboard the previous comments and look at the attempts as a realistic, free practice test :)
  • Options
    aj6065aj6065 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glad your test was able to restart where you left off. Unfortunately, mine didn't and I had to start over again.
    However, I do take onboard the previous comments and look at the attempts as a realistic, free practice test :)

Yeah, good point. There's nothing like practicing on the real thing!