Options

Passed OS today.

hackers_shackhackers_shack Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know alot depends on the test you get, but IMHO the OS is WAY harder than the CORE. Anyway I passed and from here on out if I'm stumped by anything the reference books are close at hand.

If you run two different versions of Windows on a single volume, do you need to change boot settings in boot.ini or msdos.sys? How can you know if CompTIA doesn't mention the Windows versions?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
-- Albert Einstein

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

We don't allow discussions about actual questions so I edited and reworded your question a bit so you can still get somewhat of an answer:

With any CompTIA question, you have to assume they are looking for the most obvious answer, the 'best' answer, even if it isn't correct in every situation, it often is in a real-world scenario. I.e. in this case, if you have two Windows OS versions running on a single volume, you are most likely dual-booting between 9x and NT (i.e. 2000 and XP) or between two NT versions. In both scenarios the NT version controls the boot process, hence the settings must be changed in boot.ini.

I hope this clears it up!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on passing OS!

Yep, it is good to have those reference books at hand. And, there's always the other technicians around you too--you'll need them.

Good luck for the future.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Another thing I've noticed. Seems like the A+ Core forum questions are both greater in number and the tone also is way different from the questions asked in The A+ OS forum. I guess once you've taken the CORE you know more about what to expect and everyone just knuckles down and toughs it through.
    -- Albert Einstein
  • Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!
    What are going to go for next?
  • Options
    Not really sure. Probably quit freelancing and get a real job. Oh yeah, and a haircut!
    -- Albert Einstein
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)

Good luck with the job market! Are you tired of working for yourself? Most controll you'll ever have is working for yourself :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Thanks GBAGirl2 - Happy birthday! And Plantwiz I just want a steady income for awhile. I'll still do any extra work that comes my way. And the webmaster maintenance work will continue. I love those quarterly payments.
    -- Albert Einstein