Options

Interview was a success!

CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just an update from my post last week, which mentioned having two interviews in two days. The second of these two was a follow up interview from the week before, with the head of IT conducting it. Suffice to say I was a lot more nervous for this one, and despite the fact I put forward some really sound answers, I didn't think it had gone very well. However, that turned out to be completely wrong as I was called last Friday by the agency to say that they wanted to offer me the position. icon_cheers.gif

Presently I'm working out all the fine details and giving them all the info they need, and working out with my old job how long I have to work. I still have two weeks holiday, and I may be able to take these and only have to work another two weeks in my old role instead of a month. If that is the case, I may take the two weeks off and start early in the new role, or if that isn't possible just hit the gym and try lose some weight before I start. Either way, I am happy and looking forward to the next stage of my career. The new position will be a lot less stressful (Working to support 300 people instead of 1800) and pays better. Will be able to actually go out and see users to fix issues rather than being chained to a phone. There's also a network upgrade coming up in Q2 2013, which should provide a lot of experience. A veritable cornucopia of knowledge will be up for grabs.

Thanks to all who helped me.

Comments