Options

Anyone sat for 70-682 exam who can tell me alittle about it

darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
im close to sitting the 70-682 exam. i have read Darril Gibson win7 desktop support and admin .don poulton 70-680. exam cram 680 and gone through the CBT Nuggets 680 and 685 and any notes,study guides ect people may have posted on here.
im interested in anyone who has actually sat the 70-682 exam who can give any info without giving away the answers.
maybe any topics/areas they cames across in the exam that i should go over again or concentrate with my study material.

Comments

• Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I took it shortly after it came out and personally i got pissed off at the first edition MSpress book for 70-680 there was so many things in that book that was just wrong. So after that i used only CBT nuggets(70-680 and 70-685) and self study off the objectives with technet. literally for the test its 50% 680 and 50% 685. also its microsoft so you know they like to test on the newer/more important topics. i don't know if the 2nd edition of the MSpress book corrected the errors or not but, good luck

also i did find some errors on the test its self so i don't know if they have been corrected either. I pointed them out in the comment section and tore microsoft a new one because its stupid that i'm paying to take a test that has that many errors. There is no way to successfully argue a free retake if you failed because of errors on the test that is why i hate the 70-680 with a passion now. I have a co-worker who just attempted it twice and it didn't go well so know Windows 7 like the back of your hand. especially know what does and doesn't need active directory and how to configure it
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I failed the 682 twice. scored high on the 680 section but low on the 685 section.

I've now opted for separate exams are there is less scope to get questions wrong on a split 25 + 25 question test.

I passed the 680 about two weeks ago and looking to do the 685 soon.
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    once you pass either the upgrade test or the separate tests you'll have to choose which way to go again when Windows 8 comes out. It took microsoft a year after windows 7 launched to launch the upgrade test
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.