Options

How well regarded is the WGU MS Information Technology - Network Management?

JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
Looking to see how well regarded the program is around the country and wondering if anyone has completed it.

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There's a thread about the program in work/IT. It's a new program. The one account I read didn't make the program sound desirable.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Dude, a masters is a masters. It really depends on how well you sell it. Its obviously not going to have the kind of immediate recognition that some schools have (CalTech, MIT, etc...) but WGU has a very unique structure for progressing through your degree plan. That can be a big selling point in an interview. And its a LOT cheaper than many other options.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    The MSIT-NM is a new program at WGU, so it'll be a while before we get much feedback on its utility (that is, how useful it is for careers).

My take: it's a great program if you're primarily looking to advance in network management. If you're looking to move into more general management, I'd suggest one of these from WGU or another school: MBA, MBA-ITM, MS-IT, MS-ITM.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Dude, a masters is a masters. It really depends on how well you sell it. Its obviously not going to have the kind of immediate recognition that some schools have (CalTech, MIT, etc...) but WGU has a very unique structure for progressing through your degree plan. That can be a big selling point in an interview. And its a LOT cheaper than many other options.
    Right on the money. The fact you have a Masters degree, puts you ahead of most of the resumes idiot HR recruiters go through. It's up to you to sell your experience and degree. Not the school.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!