Options

Failed 290...close one

StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
Failed with 678. MS Press was the only book I used. I did some practice questions from the Readiness Review Suit that came with it. I may have done about 20 questions. Couldn't do any more as the questions were very long; even longer that the real questions on the exam.

I found the simulations quite easy and enjoyed doing them. I had 5 sims but one wouldn't work. I don't know how it's valued so I'm not sure if I would have passed if I had gotten this particular sim.

Do you think I should contact Microsoft about this? Has anyone challenged an exam before?

Comments

• Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    If I was to answer your email at ms, I would laugh icon_lol.gif

Anyways, all their exams are lengthy. You need to know how to take out the noise out of the questions. I placed a post recently on how these questions are written. You need to read that post and get an example of what the question is actually asking.

Better luck next time...
    What next?
  • Options
    jmc724 wrote:
    If I was to answer your email at ms, I would laugh icon_lol.gif Anyways, all their exams are lengthy. You need to know how to take out the noise out of the questions. I placed a post recently on how these questions are written. You need to read that post and get an example of what the question is actually asking.

Better luck next time...

My complaint isn't about the length of the question icon_eek.gif . It's about a sim that would not work. I guess you should have been able to "take out the noise" out of my question. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Comon, 1 sim will not make you fail. That is why you have the free re-take.
    What next?
  • Options
    I admit it's unlikely that they will reverse my score. But I will give it a try. I don't know how MS calculates the test but if all questions have equal value, each question would be worth 23 points. I would think the sims are valued more than other questions; so it would make even more sense.

I would just go ahead and use my second shot but I didn't register for it.

I just submitted my request for a challenge. They e-mailed me back and said that they would get back to me within 5 business days. I will report the end result on this thread.
  • Options
    wandererwanderer Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 70-290 exam a couple of days ago and also had a simulation question that was not fully functional (scheduling weekly backups). You could partially go through the steps, but could not complete what was required. The 3 other sim questions worked fine.

I was thinking this was one of the questions that "might not count" towards the score or would give you credit if you knew where to start the process out; I also tried to run the ntbackup program from start/run and that came up with an error message.

There was another error message at the end when the exam was submitted, which could have been unrelated. The program looks a little 'buggy'.

Unforunately I also didn't pass, but did sign up for the free retake. After installing the trial version of 2003 Server Enterprise Ed. and going over more practice questions, I'm a bit more confident for the next time around.

Good luck all...
    Mmmm
  • Options
    RastamanRastaman Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took 70-290 on 7/7/05. Score 636, but 4 simunlation questions did not work. I was told by the test administrator to challenge the test. The number I was given was very busy. The next day I located a number on the Prometric site. After providing my test information and a brief wait for consulting with a supervisor. I was scheduled for a free test 7/21/05.
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')
  • Options
    nouveaux21nouveaux21 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    and that number would be??? :p