My review of the CompTIA i-Net+

rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
The employer is paying for the certs with a sucessful completion so I thought why not give the i-Net+ a go. It had been a while since my last I.T. Exam (I failed the CCNA for a third time about 7 months ago) so I figured why not a confidence booster of a guaranteed pass.

Total time for the test was less than 25 minutes. Score was 836. In my opinion this exam was easy but not as easy as what I had read many people made it out to be.

There were not any questions like..

Q. Pick a web browser

1. Microsoft Word
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer
3. Outlook Express
4. Coffee Cup HTML editor

A question like the one I just made up was what I was expecting along with some really simple networking questions about PING and DHCP. All of the networking questions were those simple questions about PING and DHCP. However I thought that the portion of the exam that dealt with Internet technologies was quite broad..albeit high level.

I bought a brand new copy of the defunct publisher Coriolis's i-Net+ Exam Prep on Amazon for less than 9 bucks shipped to me. TCat Houser was one of the authors of this book and I have had good experiences with his study materials. Granted the book was written for IKO-001 but TCat said in the PDF that I got with my voucher purchase that in his opinion not much had changed. The only thing not mentioned in this book that I found reference to in the exam was PHP.

I also used a free PDF cram guide that I downloaded from a site similar to this. It's content was 100% relevant.

Ciao!

Comments