Options

WGU Transfer Guidelines

austinsteviehendaustinsteviehend Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I am looking at the Network Admin. bachelors at Western Governors University. I am CCNA certified and my goal is to knock out enough certifications (will have my Networking Technologies associates from my local community college) to finish the program in 1-2 semesters. I have the time to do this and I plan to start next August. I got a copy of the Transfer Guidelines but alot of it isn't clear to me. I have some questions:

1. Are all of the prerequisite classes generally taken care of with a Networking AAS degree?

2. Which certs take care of the most classes, credit hours currently?

3. How realistic to try and complete the bachelors in 1-2 semesters? (I saw a few people do it in one semester?)

I'm currently studying Project+ & A+ and already have my CCNA. Please help me out with this and any other advice about WGU.

Thank you very much!!
Justin Moose

Comments

• Options
    austinsteviehendaustinsteviehend Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One other question. What do you have to do to get MCSA and MCTS certs? Are these compilations of exams or one single exam for each cert? How long does it take to get these as these seem to cover alot. Thanks!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I transferred my AAS in and ended up having to take 5 classes for general ed: 2 humanites, 1 Organization Behavior and Leadership, Principles of Management, and a leadership course. I did all 5 classes in less than a month, though. You will need to check with the enrollment counselor, as each school will be different.

Having the CCNA, A+, and Project+ will take care of 5 courses for you, or 18 CUs. Between my certs and AAS, I transferred in over CUs.

You could probably finish up in a year, but you'll need to check in with your enrollment counselor about the M$ exam status.