VCP-IaaS / vCloud - anyone going for it ?

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
I wanted to work towards the VCAP - but somehow that sounds a lot more interesting and more relevant short term.

Not so sure what to use for prep though. I implemented a vCloud infrastructure once but that was in its early days where we had endless tickets open with VMware do to the mistakes in documentation and the sorts, so I am somewhat 'burnt'.

I had a look at the vCloud Director Trainsignal but it appears quite small and therefore I don't think I will fork out the usual price of almost $400. Given the content I don't think it will give me more that the official documentation will do. I got 5 HP Microserver which will obviously be reinstalled and ready'd for their vCloud infrastructure but it would still be nice to have a nice book. I already read this one a long time ago

Cloud Computing with VMware vCloud Director (Short Topics in System Administration) eBook: Michael Haines, Steve Kaplan, Duncan Epping, Ben Lin, Raman Veeramraju, John Y. Arrasjid, Paul Maritz: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Not sure how relevant it will be with vCloud Director 5.1 (is that version even part of the exam?).

So many questions icon_smile.gif
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments