Options

What path did you take to obtain your CCENT/CCNA/CCNP and CCIE

MischiefMischief Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was studying for about 2 months until I was hit with some personal problems. Have not read or watched any training material.

I'm starting again today, I was going to take the CCNA 1 test route. After thinking it over these past days, I decided to do the 2 test route to CCNA. I feel I will benefit from this and have a stronger foundation when I do take the CCNA and for future training.

I was doing Basic configs in Packet Tracer before I stopped, low level configs up to setting up rip v2. I'm going to put some checks aside and purchase some routers, switches and anything else i will need for my home Lab. I was going to just dish out the cash on certificationkits but after reading all these threads I decided to piece it together. I want to build one that will help me get to my CCNP one day, so I'm trying to research equipment that will transcend to that. I have been keeping an eye on all the CCNA lab setups and pics on the site and I makes me more excited to pursue this career even more. I will post my equipment once I start to purchase and if anyone wants to throw any setup they would recommend that would be great.

I also read a post that I can't find regarding which certification order this member was taking to become well rounded. If any of you know where i can find it I will grateful.
He stated which CCNA certs he was going to take before he would take CCNP certs.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For the CCIE:R+S, it seems that a little bit of CCIP studies is also required - MPLS, BGP.

I'd like to get all of the CCNA certs and CCDA under my belt. I'd like to get introduced to the techologies, and the different facets of networking that just meld together. Just looking at it from the Route/Switch perspective it's just 2 colors out of the multiple colors that can often times make up networks - Wireless, VoiP. And then you need to Design, and Design with Security in mind! Then there's the applications - Virtualization, linux, windows,... Then to think that every network is connected, somehow, someway to each other via the internet.

Mind boggling! Awesome! It makes me excited to think about it! icon_study.gif

I know what you mean about personal issues. I've learned that personal problems will always come, you've got to manage them and work around them. Sometimes they are a huge time sink, and also a mental hit. I think that the gold star are those that can switch off and block any issues at an instant, and refocus on tasks and don't wander around with other tasks.

I would pass the CCENT, first. It's easier to focus on one set of material, instead of two. That way, it's also going to save you if you don't pass. We hope you do, but just in case - 150 is easier to swallow than 300 bucks.

My current build is centered around the CCIE labs, although I heard a bit of talk about the new IOS and such. I don't remember what but I have the imprint that I should hold off on buying ccie level stuff. So... I'm probably going to go the El' Cheapo CCNP firsties.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams