Options

View, Remote Access and Security

SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
Looking for similar experiences from TE members here.

Does anyone have their View clients use VPN devices to access their remote desktop? I have about 20 users that will use View initially. They will be remotely accessing Win7 desktops and accessing confidential PDF files and loading confidential ISO files primarily. Will also involve audio or video files from time to time.

Problem I see is some of them are only going to utilize it a few times a year. I am reluctant to issue them small/easy to lose devices for them to locate only when they need it. I also would be paying a monthly fee for all of those, in addition to hosting/power fees I will already be paying to the state's datacenter. State government, complicated, don't ask. :D

And shipping them the devices requires me pestering them to send them back afterward.

If you're wondering why we aren't relying on the Security Servers associated with VMware, the state's IT security team doesn't seem quite sold on them yet. There also may be a policy where any access into the datacenter requires VPN. My gut tells me that they just don't know View well enough yet and may need a whiteboard meeting or two to get it through to them.

Hope that makes sense. I am meeting with some key figures tomorrow. I have VMware expertise via a local contractor that can hopefully make them comfortable on the security part.
WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???