Options

Hope yet, interview for Monday!

Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have an interview on Monday with a recruiter (a CV lead interview, a second interview for technical stuff after).

I have my A+ and Network+. Its very hard trying to find entry level jobs in Ireland, but if I mail off 10 CV's to various companies and recruiters, I get one response back.

The position is a junior system admin role. The company has one guy looking after everything IT, and I would be the sidekick. I tick half of what the position wants, the rest being SQL and windows migration.

Im excited just to have the interview. Once I get across my enthusiasm and work ethic I will be happy and is actually all I am aiming for at the moment. If I try and see my first IT job (and a good job as well, not helpdesk but actual system admin) I will start to panic.

I will let this forum know how it goes after Monday :D

Kai.

Comments

• Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Like you said, no need to be nervous about the interview, just try to get your personality and work ethic across. However, it wouldn't hurt to do some prep for the interview as well! Brush up on the knowledge you ticked and prepare for some common interview scenarios (aka, tell us about yourself =p )

good luck~! =D
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Being nervous is pretty natural, I wouldn't be too concerned with it. Just go into your interview and own it! I think personality has a lot to do with it too. I'm sure you'll do great, good luck! :D
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The interviewer was a young, petite, attractive blonde woman. I wont lie, it threw me off slightly. I didn't give her a manly handshake, more like a gentle shake...actually, if I think about it, it must of been a creepy handshake, lol!

Nerves got to me. A few "ums" and looking up but definitely the best interview I have done. I was much more prepared and had an answer for everything.

She skimmed through my CV and asked me a few questions, but not questions I was expecting. I had to throw in some additional info before she wanted to move on otherwise most of the big selling points would of been missed. It was fairly positive, and she spent more time talking about her employer and the company she was interviewing me for rather then my CV. Fairly good banter between us and most of the additional points I mentioned I got a good response and additional stuff was jotted down in her book.

What did I learn from this interview? I am much better then before but need more confidence. I was well prepared, but not prepared for the unexpected. I was nervous about "tell me about yourself" and had crafted a beautifully through out response, but she never asked. Always ware a vest underneath a shirt (it was a hot day and was touch and go...) and don't be so creepy.

Im thinking of sending her a message on Linkedin just saying thank you for the interview. Her company is holding some of the best jobs going so I should try and keep in touch, hopefully it will be a friendly gesture.

Kai.