CCNA consultations for free

ascasc Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi! My name is Alex, and i'm new to the community, so a few words about myself: CCNA, CCAI, passed ITQ (Instructor Trainer Qualification), working in a Cisco Networking Academy, passed CCNA Security and CCNP training, but no certs (yet).

What I'd like to propose is not a promotion or something, it's just an idea I came up with yesterday - free consultations or lectures on any CCNA (or maybe even CCNA Security or CCNP) topic. Online guided labs - also possible.

As always, there's a catch: I'm not a native english speaker. Although I've done all my studies in english, I didn't actually have enough experience in delivering lectures in english, only did it twice or thrice. I'm planning to move elsewhere, so I need to build very good speaking skills, and I thought, that instead of taking courses, I can just cooperate with someone who's better than me in speaking english, but lacks those networking skills and knowledge. Of course I presume this person(s) is(are) native speaker(s) (UK, US, Canada, esp Canada) and will try to help me master the language by giving extensive feedback or by sharing experience etc.

So, to sum up: I'm willing to help study towards CCNA, and in return I expect to get feedback on my speaking skills (or maybe some other kind of help, I don't know).

How is that for an idea? Will anyone be interested to give it a try? Any feedback is really appreciated.

Comments

• IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

I am starting a Cisco IV class on Monday and need help correlating the Exploration curriculum to test prep material. Are you trying to pass any tests or just need help with verbal English? check out my profile on how to contact me.
  • ascasc Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I mostly need practice in English, because speaking on everyday topics is one thing and giving lectures is another. My networking knowledge is in a very good shape already: after two years of teaching the CCNA exam was like a walk in a park.

Wrote you an email.
  • jezekwujezekwu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am Lucas. I am Nigerian and will be interested in helpin u with your english if u help me with the CCNA exams.
  • orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i could also help in exchange for help on the ccna exam
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Okay, so out of curiosity, what is your native language? :) I'm a supporter of the barter system and I think your idea is excellent.
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Russian. And thank you, I hope I'll reach my goals and help some other IT guys to reach theirs.

To everyone interested: My email is asch [_at_] nlab dot pro
    Please keep in mind that I do it "for fun", so to say, and because of that I may not be able to provide full courses. So don't expect me to be your tutor, or guide or something like that. Your education is mostly your hard work, anyway. But I can help you to get a better understanding of difficult topics or explain how they relate to eachother, or help you plan your studies. Please be more specific about what help you need.
  • BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am interested in helping. I have a little exposure to CCNA topics but not very much. You say especially Canada, I live in Toronto. Are you moving somewhere in Canada?
    Not yet, but I have intentions to move, and therefore I would like to know more by speaking with people who live there. I've noticed that every country has some sort of "local experience", and even IT field is no different, so I might as well start to get familiar with that experience.