Options

CCNP labs?

CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

I am currently studying for CCNP route, and I have the official lab book from Cisco, but the labs are very basic. I need some harder labs that contain route filtering etc. Can anyone point me in the direction of some? Preferably free.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Corza. Checkout gns3vault.com and gns3-labs.com.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Corza wrote: »
    I am currently studying for CCNP route, and I have the official lab book from Cisco, but the labs are very basic.
    While the official lab books contain simple scenarios, they have a refreshing attention to detail when it comes to walking you through them and explaining troubleshooting commands. I haven't found that elsewhere. Certainly, if you master all those scenarios, you'll be in great shape on the real exam. The real exams contain fairly straightforward topologies similar to those.

GNS3Vault/GNS3Labs are about the same level with less troubleshooting focus and less explanation of the solution. Good if you're looking for a bit of additional practice.

There is a book called 101 Labs for the Cisco CCNP Exams, which is the hardest CCNP-level workbook I've run across, prepared by a CCIE, if you like to overprepare.. :)
  • Options
    Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a book called 101 Labs for the Cisco CCNP Exams, which is the hardest CCNP-level workbook I've run across, prepared by a CCIE, if you like to overprepare.. :)

This is also available free in digital format on their site - I apologise I am not allowed to link it here.

Nate
  • Options
    CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys. The official lab book is ok for grasping I have found, because it basically gives you all of the commands and you just watch it all work. Definitely need something where a bit more of your own planning is involved I think.

Thanks for the tips.