Options

Should I go back and study more?

rukisamarukisama Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I recently passed my Network+ exam with a 792, which isn't as high of a score as I would like (being somewhat of a perfectionist). I'm not studying just to get the pieces of paper, I want to be an expert who is great at my job, which I'd say is the goal of most people here.

That said, the printout I got after my test lists the objectives where I got questions wrong. Would it be worthwhile to go back and study more of the Network+ material that I missed before starting study for the ICND1?

Also, thanks to the creators of this site and the forum members for being such a great resource! You guys definitely have helped me very much, though I've been more of a lurker before now. :P

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you should move onto ICND1. To me, Network + was a foundation to the Cisco certifications. You'll still use those foundations from Network +, but you'll start doing it Cisco style.

hth
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, just study the ICND1 objectives. You will get the chance then to master the topics from Network+, Security+, etc, that you feel weak on.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rukisama wrote: »
    Hi, I recently passed my Network+ exam with a 792, which isn't as high of a score as I would like (being somewhat of a perfectionist). I'm not studying just to get the pieces of paper, I want to be an expert who is great at my job, which I'd say is the goal of most people here.

That said, the printout I got after my test lists the objectives where I got questions wrong. Would it be worthwhile to go back and study more of the Network+ material that I missed before starting study for the ICND1?

Also, thanks to the creators of this site and the forum members for being such a great resource! You guys definitely have helped me very much, though I've been more of a lurker before now. :P

+1 on jumping into ICND1. When I passed my N+ last year in June, I didn't touch another study guide until 3 months ago. You still have it pretty fresh, go get your CCENT!
  • Options
    rukisamarukisama Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a bunch, I just needed to get some educated opinions before I decided what to do.
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    Also dont waste your time with videos. I watched Train signal & CBT and still has some information missing that covered in books. I suggest you Wendel Odom`s ICND1. Pretty good coverage, people complain about it is being dry, but it is pure information that you need to know.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you seen this thread? The post-er put together a bunch of info to consider when studying for ICND1 & 2.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html

hth
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TurK-FX wrote: »
    Also dont waste your time with videos. I watched Train signal & CBT and still has some information missing that covered in books. I suggest you Wendel Odom`s ICND1. Pretty good coverage, people complain about it is being dry, but it is pure information that you need to know.

I disagree. I think the videos are great as supplement to book studying and time spent practicing with packet tracer or a home lab.
    For me, CBT nuggets really helped - but I wanted them after reading Lammle's book.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're going to go down the Cisco road, then get used to using multiple sources for almost every test you take. Videos, Labs, OCGs and Practice Questions all have their place.

What's more important is to figure out how you learn well. See what format helps you best retain the content and put it to practical use. If you're serious about a career in Networking, this is a skill that will carry you far beyond the CCENT/CCNA.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...