Options

Grrcon - Security conference

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to put out there that there is a security conference in the city I live in.
It's the second year and tickets are sold almost out. So if you think you would be interested in
coming to Grand Rapids, Michigan for a conference, here's the website:

GrrCON the premier midwest information security and hacking conference hosted in grand rapids, mi.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for posting this - I'm new to the area. I'll definitely be checking this out.
  • Options
    Welcome to Grand Rapids!

Last year was good but I think this year will be way better. The teacher I had is basically in charge of the event. Some people that talked last year are back this year.

I honestly think that it's a good conference to go to and I'm not just saying that. Being able to actually talk with one of the speakers was pretty awesome. He told a group of former students and I about his life experiences with computers. It was very interesting.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm from SW MI myself and I really wanted to go to this. But with everything going on I'm not sure if I'll have the time or money to go. :/
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When is it? Corporate web filter is blocking it... :p
  • Options
    September 27 & 28, 2012
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    27th and 28th...

28th is my anniversary, so this is a no-go for me.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm going to be in Michigan during November so it's a no-go for me.
  • Options
    Its cool its cool. I understand if you can't make it out.
    Maybe the security conference in Chicago ;)
    Booya!!
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Speaking of - Anyone going to SANS Chicago?
  • Options
    Looks like I might be going after all. I just won a VIP ticket. ;)