Options

FBI Computer Forensics Examiner (Entry Level, Cali)

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/325981300

You have till tomorrow to apply, good luck!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    IlikeITIlikeIT Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cool, I am studying for encase, salary pretty ok .
  • Options
    Yes the salary isn't great, but considering it is entry level and all the experience you will gain (on top of topping out at GS-12) it is really a great gig. Plus if your on the CART, you'll get to travel extensively.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Salary is typical for the GS side. Most entry GS IT jobs will be on the 7/9/11 ladder. 12 potential is always nice. Just remember to negotiate STEP, as that makes a HUGE difference. Plus after 12 you can go team lead/management for 13. The TS/SCI would be a HUGE bonus though if they are sponsoring.

FBI is NOT easy to get into though (for many people atleast). A friend of mine said it's actually easier to go CIA than FBI :)
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    ScamcenoScamceno Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lol i'm not in the IT field yet so that salary looks mighty handsome to me.
  • Options
    I dunno if I would say the CIA is "easier", but there are a different set of standards given the nature of the job. CIA is an intelligence agency and FBI is a law enforcement agency. The idea being that in CIA you would be working with people who have a questionable background to get information where as in the FBI you'd be arresting them. Background check would be the same, but CIA is more "understanding" on some issues.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ken36701ken36701 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read somewhere recently that the FBI is actually having to be more lenient because they are having a hard time finding qualified applicants. Too many people aren't meeting their old standards. I think they were referring to past drug use mainly.