Options

Endorsement Fuzzyness

PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
Ok so I downloaded the endorsement form, and on it, it says "I personally know the candidate named above", talking about what the endorser has to sign off on. So I said crap, I don't know any CISSPs personally. So I downloaded endorsement assistance form to fill that out and gt the ball rolling. Right on the top of the form it warns that it can take 6 weeks and that it would be better to find a qualified member to endorse me throughg Facebook, linked in or the member list. What? I thought this person needs to attest to knowing me personally, which is it? I know a couple CISSPs "through a guy through a guy", but none personally. But if can just use someone that someone I know knows that would speed this up. I have no problem doing it one way or the other, given the choice I'd go the quicker way, but I don't know why the forms contradict eachother.

Comments

• Options
    So I just called ISC2 to clear this up, i figured after 50 views and no one knowing the answer I might as well find out for myself. They said it doesn't matter if its someone who knows someone who knows someone, as long as the CISSP is willing to sit down with you for 10 or 20 minutes, do a quick interview to be sure you have the experience necessary, you should be good to go. They don't HAVE to know you personally like the Endorsement Form eludes to.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah - I had always assumed that personal knowledge is to allow endorser to disclose if there is possible conflict of interest. I suspect that under ideal conditions, the endorser does not know the candidate and is providing an unbiased independent review of credentials.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Based on previous posts I know some CISSPs here have taken the time to verify experience for fellow TE members and endorse them. Totally valid.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paper, I could've sworn I responded to this...sorry working graveyards at a NOC and shift rotation sucks!

Could've saved you a phone call icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Based on previous posts I know some CISSPs here have taken the time to verify experience for fellow TE members and endorse them. Totally valid.

REALLY! Well, in that case would anyone here be interested in helping a fellow CISSP (pending) out?
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    I'm currently working on my endorsement as well. Fortunately, I know a couple CISSPs. But what erks me about that form is the "Examination Number" field. Why the hell did my procotor not tell me I would need this? Now I'm waiting for ISC2 customer service to dig up my test number. In the meantime, I'm dwiddling my thumbs :-/
  • Options
    I'm really just trying to figure out what I should even do. I dont MIND waiting for the regular Audit to come through honestly, I know I passed, that's the hard part. However getting it back faster would be ideal, I just don't know any CISSPs. So short of just scouring facebook and linked in for a cissp, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    Personally, I would just let ISC2 do the regular review. For all you know, it could be faster. My own endorsement took about 3 months for various reasons. And the last endorsement that I did for a buddy took about 2 months. Maybe its because the crowd that I run around with are more pedantic icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    the_hutch wrote: »
    I'm currently working on my endorsement as well. Fortunately, I know a couple CISSPs. But what erks me about that form is the "Examination Number" field. Why the hell did my procotor not tell me I would need this? Now I'm waiting for ISC2 customer service to dig up my test number. In the meantime, I'm dwiddling my thumbs :-/

If anyone else runs into this problem, apparently the "Certificate/ID number" listed in the results email, is the same as the examination number. So not really sure why the instructions on the email doesn't just say that, instead of telling you to contact customer service.
  • Options
    Opps. Missed your post- I did know that. Also- that number is your permanent CISSP ID number in case you want to tattoo it.
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »
    Opps. Missed your post- I did know that. Also- that number is your permanent CISSP ID number in case you want to tattoo it.

LOL...alright...something to do while I'm celebrating this weekend
  • Options
    the_hutch wrote: »
    LOL...alright...something to do while I'm celebrating this weekend

Be hilarious if he gets so drunk he wakes up on Sunday morning and he actually DOES have it tattooed on his shoulder or across his knuckles or something.