Options

A project i'm working on....

EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
So at work I've been tasked to figure out a wireless digital signage solution. To make a long story short one of the types of systems we sell is small form factor(PC version of the mac mini). So basically the point where i'm at is have one of SFF systems with Intel WiDi set up with a Belkin WiDi adapter to a second monitor. Which in the beginning that was the whole point so i accomplished that goal.

Then Microsoft got involved and wants us to take it to the next level and get the kinect involved. Basically what they'd like to see is the original plan with the kinect for windows setup where the second wireless screen is. And so far I've done that too with an USB extension cable because the USB connector on the kinect is only like 8-10 inches long. Which works but, I'm foreseeing my next headache... make the kinect sensor wirelessly connect to computer.

So the big question is do any of you know of a product that can wireless transmit USB? I don't know if this part will happen but, If they are looking to wireless move a screen 30feet away, I highly doubt that want to run a USB back the same distance. I'm just looking for a point to point wireless connection that i can plug the kinect's USB cable into and adapter of some type and then plug an adapter into the SFF system and have a wireless connection between them. Or if there is a way to make the USB connection go over Wireless G or N back to the system that can work too.

Any help on this project would be great thank you in advance
Current Certification Exam: ???
Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.