Options

A+ questions...

NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
Im getting ready to complete my CCNA and I am thinking about the A+ sometime in my future. I scanned the first few pages of posts and didnt find the answers to my questions, so I figured I would just ask.

In comparison to the CCNA, how difficult is the A+ exam?

In comparison to the CCNA, what is the approximate study time for the A+?

In comparison to the CCNA, how much information is covered?

How many parts does the A+ exam have? If more then one, can you take them together and separate? What general topics do they cover?

Do you have any general advice for taking the A+?

Comments

• Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    In comparison to the CCNA it is easy.
    It took me about a week to study for the A+. I just ran over all of the facts that you need to know like max cable length, max speeds, addresses, etc.
    There are 2 tests for the A+, one Hardware and one OS.
    You must take them as seperate tests, but you can just take them back to back if you wish.
    The objectives can be found here:
    http://www.comptia.com/certification/a/objectives.aspx

Also check out the technotes on this site, they are awesome ( great job Johan! ) and the pratice tests. You can also check out www.mcmcse.com thet are good too.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks!

I like studying from books when possible. Can anyone recommend books on the A+?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Noods wrote:
    Awesome, thanks!

I like studying from books when possible. Can anyone recommend books on the A+?

Ask, and thou shall receive.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    My favorite part of studying:

Hardcover: 1176 pages

:P

Thanks!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Noods wrote:
    My favorite part of studying:

Hardcover: 1176 pages

:P

Thanks!

Thankfully, Mike Myers and his crew make his books very easy to understand, without all the jargon that confuses most people. I was a total newbie to this a few years ago, who thought he knew it all......I read that book, learned a lot more than I knew, and it was understandable to the point where I did not quit, generally a good thing for those who have difficulty concentrating on one thing for a while.......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    RevoRevo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just go through the questions on the cd at the back of the book and maybe get the upgrade cd with like 700 question (youll blow right through them) and U WILL PASS IT..(or atleast u better if u actually did 500 of the questions atleast) i my self am having trouble remebering the laser printers crap..errrr...stuff i mean...lol
    "A lil hard work never hurt anyone, but why take the chance right?"