Options

Shortage of IPhone 5s? Umm, no, not according to this article

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Could be some truth to it, but still worth a read and gives a good chuckle.
Apple 'hasn't really run out of iPhone 5s AT ALL' ? The Register

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ... come on. It's been sitting in a warehouse round the corner for a fortnight while you were shivering in the queue outside the Apple Store like a chump. There are Apple guys rubbing handfuls of iPhone 5s against their naked bodies, using them as paperweights, playing iPhone 5 Jenga - while you're standing outside the shop with your nose pressed against the window, you simp.

Oh my goodness, this had me rolling...
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    That was bloody Hysterical!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    o noes....lmao!

Thanks for this; I really needed a laugh.

I do buy that there is some truth to this though...Apple has to artificially inflate that market cap somehow without Jobs...
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Nintendo did this when the Wii came out.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Nintendo did this when the Wii came out.

That they did. Kept the prices high for a long time and then they announced a price reduction and opened up the floodgates on their stockpile.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Im just surprised people are willing to "upgrade" their phones so much.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Im just surprised people are willing to "upgrade" their phones so much.

They cure cancer, so I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    zekebzekeb Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 5 through AT&T... but then realized that, even WITH an upgrade, it would cost me around 450$... Shortage or no shortage, i'd rather have 450$ cash and a slightly older phone.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Coming from not having a data phone, I'll be interested in getting a phone. But im hoping the Windows 8 can put out a better/same level product. Im hoping the tablet doesn't disappoint. Although, If I set my expectations high Im sure to be disappointed.

I gotta think "Better than a Kindle (not fire)"
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like the iPhone, but I do think it's way over-hyped. Waiting in line for 8 days to get a new phone? Sounds like a good business opportunity for the local homeless folks to make some cash.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tech blogs generate the "hype" though. Apple does the keynote and 99 percent of what happens before and after is rumor nonsense bloggers use to generate "content". Take a look at the iPhone rumors and they end up being rehashed nonsense to fill space on the tech blogs.

I was listening to the latest Twit podcast and the guests were talking about how "ho hum" the new iPhone was and then one person pointed out the changes compared to other phone changes and said the smartphone market has essentially peaked and bloggers are disappointed not in the iPhone itself but how the phone is not important anymore.

Android phones are pushing hardware, Apple pushed some features with incremental hardware upgrades but the hardware doesn't really matter anymore to the general consumer. It is the ecosystem that matters now if not will be the primary thing that matters.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Android phones are pushing hardware, Apple pushed some features with incremental hardware upgrades but the hardware doesn't really matter anymore to the general consumer. It is the ecosystem that matters now if not will be the primary thing that matters.

But the iPhone 5 is no slouch either. So the Galaxy SIII has quad core I believe? That's nice. iPhone 5 is faster in Java benchmarks and pretty close in geekbench marks. It does this with less, slower cores (different architecture, I know) , and half as much RAM. Its still one of the fastest phones on the market.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    But the iPhone 5 is no slouch either. So the Galaxy SIII has quad core I believe? That's nice. iPhone 5 is faster in Java benchmarks and pretty close in geekbench marks. It does this with less, slower cores (different architecture, I know) , and half as much RAM. Its still one of the fastest phones on the market.

Yeah I know, what I meant was tech blogs are looking for "big things" every year but the phone itself all smartphones have pretty much peaked. Joe and Jane Consumer took a big step when smartphones became mainstream. The "hardware" is becoming less important for sales. I think battery life improvement to the point of days or weeks is the next big thing imo.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    The "hardware" is becoming less important for sales. I think battery life improvement to the point of days or weeks is the next big thing imo.

Ahh yes I agree with you here.