Study Advice.

DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
I have just finished reading the lammle book, and video series.
FINALLY!

Reading each chapter taking down notes and then re writing me notes in neat so that i skim through the chapter again. Now that i have covered all topics I was wondering what to do next, to prep for the exam.

Im tempted to just read through my notes again, and try some practice exams to test what ive learnt but wondering if you guys have another approach, ive got about 4-5 weeks just before my exam.

Any specific approaches?

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial-3.html

Arrr, Matey! Tips for practice exams are there.

Do a lot of Labbing. I noticed you didn't mention this.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Great job at icon_study.gif, what about some practice labs for evaluating, testing and proving your newly acquired knowledge and skills???
    Do some labs m8 to really prepare yourself for the exam. They serve as refreshers of knowledge also!!!

Best of luck bro
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Cheers,

Im going to start the free labs Ltat42a's Labs, Freeccnaworkbook

Do you guys think i should spend some money now on practice ,material as well?
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You don't need to. It helps, but it's definitely not needed.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Ok last question on this, i heard there's something you can buy like 10 days before my CCNA book or 30 days Book, Is that any good? and what is it?
  • bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the 31 days before your ccent. It references CCNA Discovery class topics. I bought it way overpriced at $20ish. I would have paid only $10 or less for it personally. I am also finding some typos in it.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    What I did, and what I'm doing now for my CCNP, is creating flash cards.. I know there's some nice apps out there, and you can put them online too. That sounds pretty awesome and I'd recommend it. I'm just doing old school hand written flash cards though, and I like it.

It seems to me that to pass these exams, you can't JUST memorize things, but that IS a big part of it. I have notecards for every key topic in the books, plus some. It takes awhile to write them out though.

Then I cycle through the cards every few days. This is great because you have to constantly review things as you go through the material, or else you'll come back to it down the road and say, I don't remember this! The notecards might not help you understand things as much, that's where labbing comes in, but they will solve all the memorization aspects, as long as you continually go through them. Just my advice
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    read, lab, practice exams. repeat everyday until exam

read the "ccna quick reference sheets" over and over again until test day. it highlights main exam topics that u already learned in the books and videos and helps you remember what you learned.

lab, lab, lab! we configure devices for a living. so you should be doing just that.

practice exam will mentally prepare you for exam day by applying what you learned and pointing out ur weak points.

enjoy ur studys!
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DANMOH009 wrote: »
    FINALLY!

Reading each chapter taking down notes and then re writing me notes in neat so that i skim through the chapter again. Now that i have covered all topics I was wondering what to do next, to prep for the exam.

Im tempted to just read through my notes again, and try some practice exams to test what ive learnt but wondering if you guys have another approach, ive got about 4-5 weeks just before my exam.

Any specific approaches?

I would lab the heck out of ICND2 topics to make sure/ensure you get the lionshare of the simulator questions on the exam, I think they call them simlets but there is nothing "mini" about these "simLETS"! The Routing and switching, if you don't know THAT by now, you never will as far as the commands go. THE CCNA covers a LOT of ground. I hope you are breaking it up with the 2-part exam!

I like to look at things into either an ICND 2 (hardest) to ICND1(easiest) category so if you want the most points, you study the harder stuff more(ICND2) but never forget the easy stuff(ICND1).
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DANMOH009 wrote: »
    FINALLY!

If you have Mr Lammle's 7th Edition, did you get the Bonus lab material from him??

Where to get Bonus material for my 7th Edition - Lammle Forum

hth
    Cheers for the advice guys, I get onto lammle for extra material and il start labbing, nervous times and longt nights ahead.

Thanks again