Some insight for people interviewing

I'm not sure if its been brought up here or not in previous posts. At my place of work they are looking for a new accountant and they interviewed countless amount of people. What I've noticed as a job candidate you really have to find ways to set yourself apart from the rest. Everyone that interviewed so far were more then capable of doing the job. It really comes down to if they like you and make a hell of an impression. Its like what management says "they are looking for someone that can work with the dynamics of the office". Plain and simple someone that can get along with the team and not be a debbie downer.

Comments

• KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed. I have earned jobs through my personality and teachability over others that were more skilled. People skills really do mean a lot and I remind others when they go for interviews as well.

Good post/thread to share the insight for others. It also helps to build hope and can lead to better interviews!
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Well of course!

Making sure a person is the correct fit for the company is the main point of an interview along with confirming that the level of knowledge conveyed on the resume is accurate.

I usually like to derail from the normal question/answer interview and turn it into something more conversational as if I were already a part of their team.
  • BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Akaricloud thats exactly what I did I derailed it a bit. I know thats how I got my current job. When I was asked what kind of experience I had with cisco equipment I branched off from the question a bit. I knew what the focus of there company was "reselling". I started to say the one thing that interested me to the job posting and related my experience directly with the job posting. Basically painting a picture that I'm the ideal candidate. He said he had other candidates with very strong resumes even a ccie which was an older gentleman. But I fit what he was looking for he had a "feeling" about me. I suppose also I had just enough experience to do the job but not so much that I'll demand a boat load of money.