Options

flexing muscle with your employer

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
The past few months working my current job has been great. All of a sudden the last day of my contract, I get word that I'm not coming into the office much and they need me in the HQ office at least 3 times a week on top of my normal trips to branch offices. When I 1st took the job I was told that trips to the HQ offices i would be provided a hotel and I would stay for days at a time. After asking for it several times and it not happening I just starting showing up 1once a month. Its 70 in gas on a trip to the site. So 70x3=$$$ plus my normal trips to branch offices makes a lot of gas during the month. I work as a contractor and my contract actually ends today and the next one with them starts on monday. I'm thinking about asking them for more $$$$ if this is the arrangement they want, or taking a backup job that I had incase this didn't work out. BTW the back up job is with a very large partner doing 100K+ phone installation or the option of several smaller projects. Choices choices. What do you guys think?
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If they aren't sticking to their end of the bargain then I'd definitely ask them to either return to the original agreement or renegotiate. I wouldn't let them just change something like this that as it's a big price you will be paying out of pocket. They wouldn't let you just suddenly start charging them more without negotiation!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Yea I have to agree with networker, get your copy of the contract and sit down to the person you report to and voice your concerns to them. If they value your work they should be open to hearing your concerns and work with you so that both sides are happy.