Options

Network plus is it worth it

kad5118kad5118 Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was at work to day and i was talking to a coworker about getting my ccna and turning around to get my network plus.well my co worker told me that it wasnt worth it because the ccna would out do the network plus.he also mentioned that i would be better of going after my ccnp instead of my network plus.Are can the people on this forum clarify how marketable i would be if i get my network plus and ccna.I do plan on getting my ccnp also but im trying to decide if i should go after the network plus also.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kad5118 wrote: »
    I was at work to day and i was talking to a coworker about getting my ccna and turning around to get my network plus.well my co worker told me that it wasnt worth it because the ccna would out do the network plus.
    I agree, a silly follow-up. In the realm of networking Network+ << CCNA. And for a server-related position, I'm sure you could find a better follow-up than the Network+.
    Are can the people on this forum clarify how marketable i would be if i get my network plus and ccna.
    For networking positions, as marketable as if you had the CCNA w/o the Network+.
    he also mentioned that i would be better of going after my ccnp
    After completing the CCNA, if you have at least a year of experience working on routers/switching (Cisco's recommendation and mine), it makes sense to pursue your CCNP. A CCNP without the experience to back it up will hurt you with a fair number of employers. I recently commented on passing over a little-experience CCNP for a little-experience CCNA, and I definitely wasn't the minority vote. CCNA specializations for the win. :)