Options

Is CBT Nuggets enough Prep for the Network+ Exam?

Manteo_Manteo_ Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!! I'm looking to get out of my current NOC/Helpdesk desk role and jump into an entry lvl/jr level networking role. I actually have a B.S. in IT (May 2010 Grad). I've been stuck at my current role for pretty much 2 years, before that I did tech support for an ISP for 7-8 months.

I prefer networking out of all possible concentrations, I actually started attending WGU in July (couldn't resist the certs!!). I finally got my first Cert, the Security+. Alot of jobs I see are requesting/prefer a Network+. I took up the offer from CBT Nuggets, I purchased their CBT Nuggets Network+ Series for $1.

My question to everyone is...will CBT Nuggets provide me with the knowledge necessary to pass the Network+? Since I'm attending WGU working towards the Project+ right now, I don't have time available to dedicate towards additional material for the Network+. Any help/advice is appreciated :D

Comments

• Options
    kinglokikingloki Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The videos are pretty helpful if you have limited networking background knowledge but looking at your history, you may not even need to watch all of them. I took the test on Saturday and found that it was a cakewalk (passed with a 896/900). I watched like half of the CBT Nuggets videos mixed with some Professor Messer for about a week.
  • Options
    Manteo_Manteo_ Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow a 896, nice!!! I plan on skipping the Network Security videos for sure lol...I hope I have the same outcome, sounds like I will use CBT Nuggets only...and of course I will take a few practice exams to see where I stand afterwards.
  • Options
    eagles36faneagles36fan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I usually choose 2 sets of materials when preparing for a cert; however, CBT nuggets is very good. You might be able to get by!