Future VLSM

sam420sam420 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im doing an assignment on VLSM and there is a question saying that part of of ur company will double its size in 5 years? So can anyone tell me how to approach the question and what do i need to do?

Comments

• TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    Answer these questions.

1. What's the difference between subnetting and VLSM?
    2. How do we provide for more users with VLSM?
    3. How do we plan the address scheme of a network using VLSM?
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Let's say that you only have 25 hosts. You could use /27 mask now, but with expansions plans in mind, you would need to double the number of required hosts, so you'll have to use /26, which will give you 62 hosts per subnet.
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TehToG wrote: »
    Answer these questions.

1. What's the difference between subnetting and VLSM?
    2. How do we provide for more users with VLSM?
    3. How do we plan the address scheme of a network using VLSM?

Now only starting the Subnetting and VLSM so i hope that i would answer to your questions?

1. Probably how to define and find the valid host range used in Class A,B,C Networks. - Subnetting
    VLSM (Variable length subnet mask) is to find the Subnet mask, Network address, First address and last address.
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    It's a bit of a misnomer. Subnetting is taking a large network and creating multiple smaller networks. VLSM however specifies that those subnetworks can be of varying side. Allowing for more networks in a given space.

We provide more users by making the network bigger

We make our networks larger to meet demands, if we have no 'unallocated space' we can move our subnetworks around to make space.