Options

MCITP Assignment?

HI All.

This might be a bit of a strange one, but, I am wondering if anyone has used an assignment to help study? The reason why I am asking this, is because I personally think it may/will help with studying. I know Labbing is great, but it needs purpose for the set up. The lab needs to be understood why it is implemented and justifying it's set up would allow understanding.

For example
If I were to write up a report or a business case for a certain set up for a certain company's requirements, I would need to research, set out, and explain how the technology will work and how it will best fit the customers needs. I will need to also describe how the each bit of technology will need to be set up. (e.g. The CIO and IT Manager will be given Issue and Manage right to be able to issue and revoke certificates. This will ensure that certificates are only issued to the appropriate user account )

Would anyone happen to have something similar to this, have gone down this track or know if there are templates around?

Thanks

Keiran.
2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    The Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration with Lab Manual and MOAC Labs Online Set (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series are what your looking for great Case Studies and Labs these series of books are pretty much what your looking for from your example. But!!! they are for 2008 standard not R2 so you would have to know what has changed and wing it if you go that route.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I think I know this one, wait...isnt that the 70-646 exam icon_lol.gif every second question was like a assignment on 640 and 642. Apart from that MCTS Study Guide has one at the end of each chapter
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    Hi Keiran

Trainsignal courses are fairly similar to this, they give you a scenario (globomantics) and work from there on the business requirements.

My only gripe with them is I found compared to CBT Nuggets they are nowhere near detailed enough, you would need a fair bit of extra reading to pass the exam.

CBT nuggets while not quite as structured in the scenario is very detailed, only requires some extra study on technet.
    kj0 wrote: »
    HI All.

This might be a bit of a strange one, but, I am wondering if anyone has used an assignment to help study? The reason why I am asking this, is because I personally think it may/will help with studying. I know Labbing is great, but it needs purpose for the set up. The lab needs to be understood why it is implemented and justifying it's set up would allow understanding.

For example
    If I were to write up a report or a business case for a certain set up for a certain company's requirements, I would need to research, set out, and explain how the technology will work and how it will best fit the customers needs. I will need to also describe how the each bit of technology will need to be set up. (e.g. The CIO and IT Manager will be given Issue and Manage right to be able to issue and revoke certificates. This will ensure that certificates are only issued to the appropriate user account )

Would anyone happen to have something similar to this, have gone down this track or know if there are templates around?

Thanks

Keiran.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Hi Discount81.

You can have a read of my MCITP Jounal - There isn't much but it does go through the texts and study materiel that I am using.

I am using both Trainsignal and CBT Nuggets as well as technet and MS-Press.

What I am after is a scenario where I can write up a report explaining to the Senior IT administrator/CEO of the recommended set up of their company. Stating in the report things like "RMS will be a benefit to the company as it will .... To use RMS the company will need 3 servers, each server will require.. Server one will be the RMS server which will require AD RMS installed.." and so on.

It's probably pushing what is written for the study materiel, but I think it will be beneficial to get your head around how it all integrates together.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com