Inactive CCNA?

nxstevennxsteven Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
After your CCNA expires, what exactly happens to it? Do you just say it's "inactive?" Can you still submit a CCNA transcript/can an employer look it up? Or does it just vanish from CCNA active records and it's like it was never there?

Comments

• sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    definitely won't be able to submit the cisco transcript. i send my active certs through the cisco website every year for verification to management.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    nxsteven wrote: »
    After your CCNA expires, what exactly happens to it?
    After it expires, you are no longer CCNA certified.
    Do you just say it's "inactive?"
    If you retained the knowledge, simply retake it to update your certification. If you didn't retain the knowledge, there's little point in listing the certification, as you can't back it up in an interview or on the job anyway. ;)

That said, I see nothing unethical in listing "CCNA (expired)" on your resume. I also know a generalist who, instead of listing his certifications, lists the exams he passed and the years he passed them. That implies his skills in certain technologies are stale, but allows him to highlight the breadth of the technologies he's been exposed to over the years.