Options

Samsung Galaxy Note II

wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All,

I bought the Galaxy Note II yesterday, I think Samsung is releasing it from east to west ..

The device is huge as you will see in the picture
What I like:
Screen is huge + it has android, which supports more applications than BlackBerry, and the S apps "S note" are just great for study.

What I did not like:
I think it cannot match the e-mail capabilities of BlackBerry, I miss the keyboard a little but because the note has a huge screen even with the on screen keyboard you still have a bigger screen than what is available on the BlackBerry torch.

now I need to find some useful apps to load on it :D

** I erased the bottom part of the BB torch because you could see my reflection on it :D

Comments

• Options
    no interest at all in this device :D
    power consumption seems reasonable, after 24 hours of usage I still had 30% battery.low usage of course.
  • Options
    StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Any particular reason why you chose the note over the S3? The size of the note really does put me off it, seems to be more of a tablet device to me.
  • Options
    I chose it because of the S apps "especially S note" and for the stylus, I think it would be great for use in classes, take a look at the official Samsung channel on YouTube.

It is huge which may be a problem and a good thing at the same time, it is more difficult to handle than the S3 but you get a bigger screen where you can take more notes and it is better for web browsing / reading etc.

on average I use the phone as a phone for less than 20 minutes per day, less than 5 minutes on weekends, so the awkwardness of using the Note as a phone is manageable :D
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    its like everything these days imo - too big. Its nearly the size of my head haha. Im not a fan of the S3/Iphone 5 dimensions either though. I want a mobile phone, if i want something big i would use a tablet/laptop.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Tablets are good, but this will always will be in your pocket and will always have data connection without needing a different data plan / contract.

Tablets will not replace the laptop for me because applications I need for university can not be installed on common tablets "waiting for the surface pro :D "
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    I agree that the large size of the phone is more positive than negative. I also rarely use my phone as a phone, but rather a tool for data/web/text/etc. Note II is definitely the #1 phone on my list.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)