Options

CBT Nuggets changes pricing?

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I was just about to purchase the CCNA:Security for 24 hours. It's the only one I can actually afford. So here's the problem: I can't find the 24 hour pricing anymore.

The only prices I see are: 228, 948, and 1,188. Per Year. Yes. Per year.

Mind you that for 228, you get Office. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Frontpage, QuickBooks and "more".
948? Only if you're looking for Microsoft, CompTIA and PMI.
That's right kiddos: Anything else - It's $1,200

Don't get me wrong. 1,200 per year is a decent value. Especially if you grind away at certifications constantly. It'll come out to 100 bucks per month, which is cheaper than 24 dollars in the long run. But I don't use CBT nuggets all that often, especially since it's not the meat of the information. It's a review to try to clarify topics I might've missed otherwise.

I mean CBT Nuggets is good, but not $1,200 good.

Anyone know if this really is the case. I hope I'm missing the link, really, really hoping. icon_sad.gif
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Have you tried contacting them?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Actually I was waiting on customer service while I was typing feverously!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    You can still buy the CISCO CCNA SECURITY 640-554 series for $199 good for one month. Sounds like you would be better off buying each series you want if you're not going to use it often.
  • Options
    As a heads up:

It is available. However, The 24 Hour cram session isn't listed on their site. You need to go through customer service.

I hope it's going to stick around... If you don't bother to ask, you'd miss it.

• Options
    RaBeckRaBeck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there, I work at CBT Nuggets and I want to clarify: We have not removed the Cram, we just made a change to how we are displaying it. You can still buy the Cram online: https://secure.cbtnuggets.com/shoppingcart/cram. There is also a Cram logo/link on our homepage, but if you are logged in, you won't see it. I'm very sorry for the confusion, and we'll make sure our support team knows the correct information as well.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Thanks for stopping by and clarifying!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It seems that this link now just directs to the general yearly pricing at 1188/year per license.

I can't find the month to month or the individual exams anymore.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    RaBeckRaBeck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here you go: CBT Nuggets (add /subscriptions/cram to main URL)