Cisco Packet Tracer Labs - Which ones?

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys... On Cisco Networking Academy - Which part of the CCNA Exploration curriculum is geared strictly towards ICND1?

I am assuming it is the first 2 courses only.
1) Network Fundamentals
2) Routing Protocols & Concepts

Is this right?

My last question is, are there any other awesome websites out there that give lab simulations to prepare for ICND1 besides Cisco?

Thanks

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Give these a look over and see what you think

CCNA Lab Workbook
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Give these a look over and see what you think

CCNA Lab Workbook

I got a lot of ICND2 labs from the lab book for Cisco Iv Exploration 4.0 class I'm in now but these are great too. I gotta get into labbing. I love my Cisco IV course cause the instructor is laid back and flexible! Presure is off but so is the escalated responsibility and self-policing of cert and/or learning goal.
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    xkaijinx wrote: »
    Guys... On Cisco Networking Academy - Which part of the CCNA Exploration curriculum is geared strictly towards ICND1?

I am assuming it is the first 2 courses only.
    1) Network Fundamentals
    2) Routing Protocols & Concepts

Is this right?

My last question is, are there any other awesome websites out there that give lab simulations to prepare for ICND1 besides Cisco?

Thanks

NO..NO..No Based on the response from the net academy staff its recommended to complete all sections of the CCNA Exploration before attempting exam 640-822 ICND1 There are some topics that are covered later that show up on the exam. I believe the ICND1 and ICND2 are designed for CCNA Discovery training route. Email net academy to confirm.

and for the labs, I recommend doing the Integrated Packet Tracer labs, as well as the ones that don't require packet tracer.

I took Cisco Networking Academy back in 2006 at the local university and didn't get the certification due to academic burn out icon_smile.gif and working full time. Logged into my Cisco account in 2012 and Wow everything Refreshed Forget buying books.. This Academy keeps everything refreshed. I actually have access to all the written labs and all the packet tracer labs. Everything is integrated into my studies.

The Packet Tracer is all you really need for the simulations

Maybe for the CCNP I will purchase a Cisco Lab Rack, but time will tell. Love this website.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs