Hands-on Lab 4.6: Installing SDM on Your Computer

jorglctjorglct Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys ! I study this chapter of CCNA. I should study about that?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Please do not break the Cisco NDA by disclosing specific questions from the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jorglct wrote: »
    Hi Guys ! I study this chapter of CCNA. I should study about that?
    Is there any particular reason you don't want to study this chapter?

I skipped it. My justification was that I already was familiar with SDM from configuring IPSec tunnels with it in the past, and it wasn't a very useful skill for the sorts of roles I was considering. I was okay with being docked some points, because I was confident in my knowledge of the other topics. I similarly barely studied ATM for the MPLS exam.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Read over the objectives in the book and you'll be okay. SDM is one of the easiest topics, in my opinion. Though, if you've never worked on a router/switch you may benefit from labbing how to set it up.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're asking...
    Should I study SDM? Yes. You should know your way around it.
    How do I study SDM?
    1. Simulators can run the SDM without installing.
    2. Looking for the program: Cisco Router and Security Device Manager Install and Upgrade - Cisco Systems
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As long as you're familiar with how to configure things via the CLI, poking your way around the SDM is pretty simple. Honestly, I wouldn't spend a significant amount of time learning about it. There are a few quick videos on YouTube you could watch just to familiarize yourself with the way it looks but it's a pretty standard interface.
  • jorglctjorglct Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I use GNS