Cisco step one - done

neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just doing what seems to be the tradition here, letting the forum know that I just passed ICND1. The score was 925, and I got these percentages:

Operation of networks 80%
Implement a small switched network 100%
Implement an IP addressing scheme 100%
Implement a small routed network 80%
WLAN 100%
Security 100%
WAN 75%

Towards the end I started running out of time. I had to fly through the last several questions, and when I did the very last one there was 35 sec left on the clock. icon_cool.gif

I'll set the date for ICDN2 these days, probably for some time early December (subject to reschedule - depends on work; I just got a call from a recruiter as soon as I told them I am CCENT now... talk about the value of certs!)

I've based my prep on CBT Nuggets and Odom's book (and I used other stuff as well, here and there). I've spent many hours having fun with GNS3. I didn't use Packet Tracer that much, but I plan to for the Second Exam.

Tomorrow I'll start with CBT Nuggets 2. And will order Odom's ICND2 as well. icon_study.gif

Further down the track, I'm considering CCNP, unless a future job directs me more towards Microsoft or Linux, in which case I might go for MCITP or NCLE... anyway, I'm talking way too soonicon_wink.gif. I now have the base level cert for all three directions. Probably now's the time to specialize.

Parallel with all this, I am now (again) a postgrad student (here), doing Masters in Networking and Systems Admin (CCNP Stream, subject to change, as noted earler.)

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your pass and nice score! Keep pushing forward, having that full CCNA will help you even more!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice score, congrats on the pass!
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow it's awesome but i hope to score is 1000/1000 so working hard with CCENT/CCNA, My Resources.

Packet Tracer
    Todd Lammle 7th Edition
    Flash Cards for all CCENT/CCNA
    Past Questions
    99tut.com
    Subnettingquestions.com --> Or else search in google.
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • SirbloodySirbloody Member Posts: 112
    Congrats, hopefully I will be getting mine In the new couple of weeks.
    WGU: BS-IT Security (Start Date 1 June 2013)
    Classes Left: EUP1, BOV1, TXC1, TXP1, TYC1, TYP1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, GAC1, HHT1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, BVC1, RIT1, BNC1, IWC1, IWT1, DJV1, TPV1, CVV1, CJV1, CNV1, AGC1, CUV1, EUC1
    Completed: CPV1, AXV1, DHV1 BBC1, WFV1, CLC1, CTV1, DRV1. DSV1, LAE1
  • neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys... As they say, the work is only beginning...icon_wink.gif BTW. Thanks to this forum and many contributors for useful pointers and clarifications. I'll keep lurking, even if I'm not posting too often.
  • neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another small thing - booked ICND2 for 6 Dec. Hope that'll give me enough time. About 1/5th of the way through CBT Nuggets#2 with note-taking + started Odom's ICND2. I'm excited! :D
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Enjoy your studies and Congrats
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”