CCENT material

bivSrbivSr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys

so i am going to start studying for the ICND1 exam an i was wondering what material people recommend to study from. I have already ordered the CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide.

Will be great full for any recommendations.
[h=3][/h]

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    See Signature. :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• bivSrbivSr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    See Signature. :)

Thank you!

DO you know of anything else also?
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    I'm Currently looking at studying for CCNET and then go on to CCNA. Todd Lammle's CCNA book actually covers the material which is present in both ICND1 and 2 so would be much cheaper to just purchase the CCNA book.
  • Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom is a great book to study from. I wouldn't know about Todd Lammie's book. I also recommend the CBTNuggets CCENT/CCNA video series. The videos are quite expensive, but definitely worth the money. They cover a lot that Odom's book doesn't.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you have it backwards @Michael2. The CBTNugget series actually leaves out a good amount of informations while Odom gives in-depth information about all the topics. This is expected though since one is a video series and one a book.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CBT nuggets has it's place. if you're at all familiar about cars I look at it certifications like this:

1. Apply Base coat (Reading)
    2. Color coats (notes),
    3. Clear coats (Videos)
    4. Polishing the swirls and paint with machines (Labs)
    5. Then you wax it (Test) until it beads in the rain (Satisfaction of a good wax)

Without the base coat, the color won't stick, and clear coating metal is a bit... odd. Without the paint and base coats to make sure things don't rust the clear coating won't matter.

Unless you like paint problems - Swirls, Holograms, horrible paint schemes, you'll want to machine everything to a flawless, diamond polish. Wax (Certs) is there to help protect the clear coat from nasties that'll eat away at the clear coat. It's temporary. so you'll need to continuously reapply wax to keep your car looking perfect. You may need to revisit the clear coats, and color coats if you've had a paint failure [Forgot your knowledge].

And the satisfaction.. Well. After you've passed a hard exam, you'll be feeling great. Then you realize it's time to paint another car :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams