Options

Microsoft 2003 server free trial

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering if this free trial from Microsoft's site would be good enough to play around with when I'm ready to take the test.. I'd like to have real hands on experience with it before I sit for the exam.. Is it a full version just with a time restriction?

Comments

• Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if you buy the MS Press core requierments set you get a 140 day eval version.

the books are actually very good.

you will also get discount vouchers for the 4 exams
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    It is a 180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003, Enterprise edition. It's what I have, and 180 days should be enough time to prepare for the 70-290, if you stay with it consistently. But, I've reloaded mine about 3 extra times now--I haven't been real consistent, and I crashed it a couple of times too! Just never seem to be able to keep it going for 180 days in a row.

Or, as spudnik said, if you get the M$ press Self-Paced Training Kit, you get it as part of the package.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    i have a CD copy of the 180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003, installed on a laptop, having 12 days remaining for activation. This i am dual booting with Xp Pro in a separate partitions. I could not get the activation done while connected to the internet. And also, i used the telephone option of activating, i was told by the Microsoft sales rep that the 54 digit number generated is invalid. What could be the problem.
    Opinion and suggestion is welcome. I need to start with my server 2003 exam practices b4 deciding to sit for the exam btw March and May next year.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    Free RangeFree Range Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Re-install it when the 12 days are up.
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    The evaluation is definately good enough to play around with for the exam, as far as i know its the full version limited to 180 days. Princess4peace; The only reason i can think of that relates to you not bein able to activate your copy is that you have already installed it 4 times!!This is the max. limit for the evaluation copy after which activation fails!! :D
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I got a free trial copy with my server 2003 book.

I haven't registered it or anything, I think it's four months. If you send me 2 dollars through paypal or EMT TD Canada Trust, I'll mail you it. (I live in Toronto, Ontario)
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.