Passed ICND1

lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my first post. I passed the ICND1 today with a score of 925. I used Odom's book to study, at least until my mind went numb. Thankfully, I also had Lammle's book. Alternating between the two really helped cement certain details.
Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I used the practice test that came with the Cisco press books, and I used Boson practice exams. In retrospect, I may have over prepared... But still, better to over-prepare than under-prepare. I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for sharing your tips and experiences.

Comments

• Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job & score, congrats!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, lamha88! What's next on the agenda?
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lamha88 wrote: »
    Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

+1

Exactly the same feeling here.

Congrats, btw.
  • lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! ICND2 is up next on the list. I spent a little over a month preparing for the ICND1, I hope to do the same for the ICND2 (read: pipe dreams).
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I'm aiming to over-prepare, to the point where I can actually teach the stuff. I'll most likely be tutoring next semester in college once I have my CCENT. I'm halfway though my studies, with Odom's ICND1 book, and my professor let me borrow video training from TrainSignal (Bryant), and CBT (Jeremy). Through 3 weeks got 52hrs studying, but I'm aiming for 160-200hrs before I take the test, Most likely in November. I'm also going to get Lammle's book, I like to change things up when studying.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCENT! Keep the momentum flowing!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations! That is a great score. Keep it rolling and get that good ole CCNA soon.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lamha88 wrote: »
    This is my first post. I passed the ICND1 today with a score of 925. I used Odom's book to study, at least until my mind went numb. Thankfully, I also had Lammle's book. Alternating between the two really helped cement certain details.
    Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I used the practice test that came with the Cisco press books, and I used Boson practice exams. In retrospect, I may have over prepared... But still, better to over-prepare than under-prepare. I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for sharing your tips and experiences.

Do you think the CCNA composite would be doable, in retrospect? Say if money was not a factor or you have one freebie. btw, congrats!
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, and its always nice to be over preparedicon_cheers.gif good luck for the ICND2
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”