Options

New job offer: Pre-sales Engineer

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi networkers,
I got a Pre-sales Engineer job offer from a Cisco Partner company, and I'm asking for your help:
- do you suggest any books to read?
- do you recommend any software or tools to help me in network design (choosing products, preparing the Bill of Material...), because I have very modest network design skills. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    CONGRATS !!!. my suggestion is to start reading the ordering guides for whichever products you're going to be selling. read marketing data, join as many social networks on different technologies. find the tool they use for quoting and get familiar with it.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Sieff :)
    It'll be a new experience and definitely challenging.
    Guys, has anybody worked in Presales/Systems Engineering and could give me some piece of advice please?
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    yeah ... I've worked as presales engineer before. It's a great role and pretty profitable. Some partners do a split of your base salary and commissions on sales revenue that you generated as part of being the presales engineer assigned.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow