Options

New Zealand Members - Cheapest place to buy Textbooks

StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
As the title states; Where is the cheapest place to buy textbooks in New Zealand?
I've been searching around fishpond.co.nz seems to be the cheapest however, I'd like to buy second hand to save some $. TradeMe isn't that good either can never find the titles which I'm after.

Any recommendations from you fellow NZ Members would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Don't know if you have access to half.com, but I was able to buy all of my textbooks on their. Either used or international editions and saved a ton of money.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you considered the online/pdf versions? Give safari books a go, I know people that use them and it's great apparently.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Have you considered the online/pdf versions? Give safari books a go, I know people that use them and it's great apparently.

I Don't own a E-book reader and hate reading PDF documents on my physical machine. Would really like to have the actual physical book in front of me.

I've tried all the whitcoull stores in Auckland, as well as UBS icon_sad.gif Even if you buy from fishpond.co.nz, it states that it will take over a week to get shipped to you.. Oh New Zealand; The benfits of being so Isolated from the world ;\
  • Options
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Don't know if you have access to half.com, but I was able to buy all of my textbooks on their. Either used or international editions and saved a ton of money.

Looks really promising! Do thet deliver to NZ? Are the prices in USD on that site?