Options

Open locked hotel rooms...with a magic marker

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
I would like to buy one if someone knows where it's sold: Refined hack opens locked hotel rooms… with a magic marker | ExtremeTech
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty cool. I've got an Arduino right here that a friend let me borrow... Too bad I don't have one of those locks to play with :D
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here are the instructions to build the "magic marker": James Bond's Dry Erase Marker: The Hotel PenTest Pen - SpiderLabs Anterior
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    More reasons to always use the deadbolt when you're in the room, and never leave valuables (laptop etc.) in the room when you aren't there.

The marker is cool, but even the original more "conspicuous" version, would be easy to get away with. Hotel staff don't roam the halls all day long. Usually maid service is done by around 3pm. Even on very busy days with lets say something like a conference going on at the hotel... there generally aren't many people in the hallways by a certain time. I'll have to pay more attention, but I want to say I don't notice cameras in the hallways on many hotels either.