Now finally a good reason to take up computer security!!

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
The real Tron: IT security as a shoot 'em up - tech - 04 October 2012 - New Scientist

OK honestly who does not want to have a go at this on there network :) Crack open the VR suits and virtual blasters and move out!!
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats pretty cool.
  • jgilljgill Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would make an awesome weekend indeed.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    World War three will be fought on the roads of Networking.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sign me up ...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I read a book years back that was based on this idea. I wish I could remember the title icon_sad.gif
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I read a book years back that was based on this idea. I wish I could remember the title icon_sad.gif

TRON ;) (sorry could not help it)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    TRON ;) (sorry could not help it)

LOL, no not that one. I enjoyed the original Movie, the sequel was only cool for the first 30 mins IMHO.
    i liked the remake better. didnt care about the ending though
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LOL, no not that one. I enjoyed the original Movie, the sequel was only cool for the first 30 mins IMHO.

When you remember the book title let us know..
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    i liked the remake better. didnt care about the ending though

I liked the sequel just wish it was made a reboot rather than a sequel considering the story added a bunch of stuff between the two most of it off screen and told in a flashback to alter the story line.

I bought the original when it was rereleased on DVD and ugh....nostalgia made it better in memory but not in reality
    Funny how Nostalgia makes just about everything better.

Power Rangers (Pre-Ninja), Sonic SatAM (Still much love for Sonic though) and:
    I learned I have anger management issues from battletoads.

Honestly what I liked about Tron:Legacy was all Eye-Candy. Otherwise the story was a bit lacking. Eye-Candy is enough for a dvd sale :P

Ouch, Power Rangers. Something are better left to nostalgia as tpatt100 said.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■

Net Force?

Tom Clancy's Net Force is based on a future (which incidentally, is now in our past) in which Internet usage takes place in the form of virtual reality, and computer experts use complex virtual realities as metaphors for digital security and forensics. It was beyond far-fetched, of course, while this take is very practical, by comparison.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    This is a pretty cool idea. I know I would enjoy work a little more if I were up moving around instead of just sitting behind a desk all day. I would imagine this concept could become stressful though. What if your network were under a full attack? Things would be blowing up left and right. It's bad enough when you see it on a computer screen, let alone when it looks like a terrorist attack. lol
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Now if the White House will only give the DoD money to actually build it.

Coincidentally, this story on Fox News today: Inside Plan X: The Pentagon’s plan for cyberweapon central