Options

how hard is security+ exam thinking of taking soon..

gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
Hey guys,

after passing network+ in june and a+ last week I think im ready to tackle the security+ in a week or so. How difficult is it. I heard there's a lot of overlap from network+?
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, there is a good amount of overlap from Net+. As far as difficulty, that interpretation is different for everyone. Much like any other CompTIA exam it covers a wide range of topics but does not go very deep into them.
  • Options
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Yes, there is a good amount of overlap from Net+. As far as difficulty, that interpretation is different for everyone. Much like any other CompTIA exam it covers a wide range of topics but does not go very deep into them.

Is the security+ considered entry level also. Im trying to change jobs but i seem to only get desktop support and helpdesk jobs calling ...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, it is considered entry-level. Though IMO Sec+ and Net+ are the most valuable CompTIA certifications available, and based on your cert list it will complete a nice triad of CompTIA certifications. It is also a great lead-in to something like C|EH and lots of Sec+ information is repeated (and implemented) in the CCNA: Security track which I am currently studying.

If nothing else, Sec+ could help you decide if a career in security would be interesting to you down the road.
  • Options
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Yes, it is considered entry-level. Though IMO Sec+ and Net+ are the most valuable CompTIA certifications available, and based on your cert list it will complete a nice triad of CompTIA certifications. It is also a great lead-in to something like C|EH and lots of Sec+ information is repeated (and implemented) in the CCNA: Security track which I am currently studying.

If nothing else, Sec+ could help you decide if a career in security would be interesting to you down the road.

Yea that would be great to complete the triad. Great accomplishment considering I had only one cert the beginning of this year and now i have 8 going on 10. and i would say A+ and Sec + are but network+ is a nice knowledge cert. I am definately interested in security probably after I complete my degree at WGU.