Options

Anyone run across Cretificate of Cloud Security Knowledge? Worthwhile?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Found this mentioned in an article on Networkworld.com and supposedly this cert holds a little bit of weight even though it is entry level. $295.00 to test, online, and with one free re-take. Looks like all the study material is available free from the site as well. Offered by Cloud Security Alliance http://cloudsecurityalliance.org). So anyone familiar with it, taken it, opinions?

Comments

• Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a coworker mention it. He's going through the material and taking the test sometime in the near future. I'm playing the wait and see game on this one, though with the lack of cloud-related certs in general it may be a good one to have done.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed this exam about 2 years ago when Cloud Security was a hot buzzword. The company I consulted for at the time had everyone on the team take and pass the cert so our sales guys could say the entire team was CCSK certified. The test itself is fairly easy. Everything you need to know to pass the exam comes from -- https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/CCSK-prep.pdf . The test is based off of the CSA Guidance (70% of the exam) and ENISA (20% of the exam). The remaining 10% are best practice questions. The test is 50 questions and you have 60 minutes to complete the exam. The passing score is an 80% and you're allowed one retake if you do not pass.

A majority of the questions from when I took the exam 2 years ago were word for word from the two readings. The information they provide is solid, vendor neutral security info. I'm fairly sure that upon passing, you have the ability to download and print out your certificate. Here's what it looks like in case anyone is curious - imgur: the simple image sharer . That being said, I haven't seen much demand for the CCSK. A dice.com search shows only a few job postings that request the CCSK. Your mileage may vary. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Best of luck.