Lab Simulations not yet started!!!

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi..how much time does it take to prepare for the simulations.I have no knowledge about the lab setups.Can anyone help?I think I know the theory part well and can write my CCNA exam once I am through with the lab part..I wish to appear for the test and get certified asap.Is it a good idea to appear for CCND1 first and not shoot to pass the exam in one go?

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    See my signature.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,the links in your signature were helpful :)
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Phew this is so awesome man.. But how to create a Lab Virtually through Cisco Packet Tracer or GNs or sumthing
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How? As in...
    1. What type of topology to create?
    2. How to install GNS3/Packet Tracer & what you'll need?

My signature links to a thread that has links to labs.

Some very good. GNS3 you'll need to get a hold of Cisco IOS files. Yes. It's emulating the real deal - it's why it's awesome, not to mention scales easily.

Packet Tracer, to get it legally, you'll need to be a Cisco Academy student or Alumni - Free otherwise.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, Now I need this questions to be answered? Now I'm going to create a Lab with packet tracer, ok, Well then i started a Star Topology to create my blog so only 1 switch need to create my small lab so how to configure properly a Switch to send and receive data. :D
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok, Now I need this questions to be answered? Now I'm going to create a Lab with packet tracer, ok, Well then i started a Star Topology to create my blog so only 1 switch need to create my small lab so how to configure properly a Switch to send and receive data. :D

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean you don't know how to use PT in order to setup the virtual switches and then configure them? or do you mean you don't know what commands to type in on the switch?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.