Difference in CCNA and ICND1 & 2

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me how composite CCNA is different from ICND1&2 in terms of questions asked,no.of questions in the tests and the topics covered?Can anyone who has no work experience/working knowledge with CISCO products pass the CCNA composite test through self-study??

Comments

• mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna

If you look there, there are links to the three different exam types. This shows number of questions, time limit, topics covered on the exam, and more.

HTH
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    First off, you can pass either way through self-study, even with no work experience. I would suggest a good simulator, or better yet, real equipment to practice on.

As for the one test or two test route. There are pros and cons to both. The two test route gets you a CCENT cert and a CCNA and lets you focus on a more defined set of topics for each exam.

People who have taken the one exam route tend to say that it is heavy on ICND2 material. All three tests have similar number of questions and durations, so it would be two 50 or so question exams versus one 50 question exam, but the questions would be more spread out.

I went the two test route so that I could concentrate on a more finite number of topics and REALLY learn them before moving on to another group of topics.
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks...but did u pass the exam at one go and do you know anyone who has passed the composite exam at one go through self study?Is it difficult?
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks...Is it a good idea to join the study group on the cisco website for informations?