Options

Question on Apps - IOS and Android

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Company publishes a monthly glossy newsletter for all employees around the country. We are looking at changing that and making apps instead to cut down on the printing cost. So, I am wondering, is there a way to restrict the app so only our employees can see it to download from either platform? It's nothing the average person would be interested in.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good question and I have no idea. I doubt it for iOS since apps have to be reviewed but part of me thinks Apple should have realized that specialized apps for business use would be required/desired with iOS becoming more business mainstream. With Android you could just side load them but that adds another technical issue.

I would just create apps that require log in to access the information but the app is mostly a portal app to where your information is hosted rather than the app containing company information.

The app would just make sure the information is displayed properly on mobile devices compared to mobile browsers. Which after typing that I think a web mobile formatted app with authentication would be the easiest route. Just send out directions to create a bookmark on their home screen.