640-802 complete!

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Have not posted in a very long time, but always stay up with reading the forums. I let my CCNA expire last year due to moving into a new house which required a lot of work. (No excuse I know) Well for the last several months I have been studying and wanted to provide some details regarding the materials used that helped me to hopefully help you. Since passing the exam in 2008 I didn't know entirely what to expect, but from reading on here the exam was updated and now a lot harder which is somewhat true. Crammed the last few weeks and sat it this morning. Passed with an 867 using the following materials.

Cisco Press Books – Dry, but right on
Sybex 5th edition – Worth buying just for the subnetting chapter.
Boson Software – Good & Free and came with the book.
Cisco website – Free ICND1 and ICND2 practice questions if you have a login. Also the subnetting game is helpful if you want to learn how to subnet fast.
Transcender Practice Exam - First time ever purchasing practice exam software and was really impressed with it. 90% of the study material within the software was extremely helpful with thorough explanations about each and every answer. Got a package deal on it when buying the voucher from getcertify4less so thought I would try it. Will definitely use again.

In regards to the exam...Well, I thought it was fair. I don't care much for the trickery that Cisco is out to get you with, but it does significantly help you pay full attention to every detail and stay alert.
My overall advice - Read the questions slow and thoroughly. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast :). Thanks everyone and props to techexams like always. Starting CCNA Security next month -

Comments