Options

Going in for ICND1 Today

MichaelPetermanMichaelPeterman Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed: 837

Overall i thought it was a pretty fair test... although i wish they would ask a more balenced ratio of questions.
Hey I'm going to be taking the ICND1 today and I would appreciate some ... words of wisdom

some of the stuff I've used to studyicon_study.gif

-Enrolled in the network academy discovery course and I'm into the icnd2 section right now (Along with lots of RL labs and packet tracer labs) - I also take lots of notes (not to read but just the act of takeing notes
-Wendell Odem books (I only read the things I felt I didn't know well and I read the theoretics a lot)
-I have my own lab (I really didn't use it that much) 4 routers and 3 switches
-I'm at the top of my class (no one else has even tried it yet)
-I have also nationally competed in BPA (business professionals of america) for generic computer networking
-Oh and I've watched (some of them listened too like when he isn't configuring) CBT nuggets like 2-1/2 times
-Also I have the "networking buzz", I get excited about computer networkingicon_cool.gif

But despite all that I'm still nervous cause I really didn't want to take any practice tests
I will wright out the chart with everything on it - CIDRs, Custom subnet masks, #ofsubnets, Magic number, and the #ofhosts

Thank you...NERVOUS its at noon todayicon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    MichaelPetermanMichaelPeterman Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also got second place in the Cisco Netriders for round 1 (out placed a bunch of the senior class) but boomed round 2 cause it was all like icnd 2 stuff
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You sound fully prepared - good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck!! I also love the act of taking notes and not reading them :) lol
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Goodluck!
    FloOz wrote: »
    I also love the act of taking notes and not reading them :) lol

Haha, same here.
  • Options
    headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also got second place in the Cisco Netriders for round 1 (out placed a bunch of the senior class) but boomed round 2 cause it was all like icnd 2 stuff

Hey man did you compete in the post secondary version of netriders? If that's the case you're saying round 1 was CCENT based and round 2 is where they pull out the ICD2 material? Trying to put together a strategy, round 1 before the 26th.