Options

More of theory in ICND1 exam?

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it true that ICND1 exam has more of theoretical questions than simulations?If one has got a good theoretical knowledge and limited lab simulation knowledge can he/she pass the exam with a good score?What is the score required to pass the exam?

Comments

• Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From memory, i think the pass is 80% or there abouts.
    ICND1 is mainly theory however you will get one or two sims as well as drag and drop types. You maybe able to pass with limited sim knowledge but knowing the expected outputs of what certain commands do is going to help you in those multiple choice questions with snippets.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    passing score is not set, and statically analized. It is around 840-850 points mark which is over 80%. But each question has differently scored. All you need to worry about is to know your material. Then, you dont have to worry about the score. you will pass it anyway.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cisco exams are graded on a scale of 300-1000. This means you can earn a total of 700 points.

Example:

Passing score required is 790. You must earn 490 points (70%).
    Passing score required is 804. You must earn 504 points (72%).
    Passing score required is 825. You must earn 525 points (75%)
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There will be a few sim questions, but it's mainly just about demonstrating knowledge of basic network operation. Pay close attention to the wording of the questions and the answer choices. It definitely helps to know your show commands. A knowledge of IP4 subnetting also helpful.
  • Options
    There will be a few sim questions, but it's mainly just about demonstrating knowledge of basic network operation. Pay close attention to the wording of the questions and the answer choices. It definitely helps to know your show commands. A knowledge of IP4 subnetting also helpful. But no, you cannot pass without the sims.
  • Options
    There will be a few sim questions, but it's mainly just about demonstrating knowledge of basic network operation. Pay close attention to the wording of the questions and the answer choices, and study every diagram carefully. It definitely helps to know your show commands. A knowledge of IP4 subnetting also helpful. But no, you cannot pass without the sims.
  • Options
    jukemjukem Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed ICND1 today and I will co-sign everything Michael posted. The majority of the exam will be based on theory. I felt I had to recall more knowledge I gained from reading/subnet practice than actual labbing. Not to say labbing isn't important because you will still be tested on configuration and troubleshooting.
    “You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”--Will Smith in the Movie: Pursuit of Happyness
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jukem wrote: »
    I just passed ICND1 today and I will co-sign everything Michael posted. The majority of the exam will be based on theory. I felt I had to recall more knowledge I gained from reading/subnet practice than actual labbing. Not to say labbing isn't important because you will still be tested on configuration and troubleshooting.

juke-nukem: I approve this thread. bring on more details!!!