Options

Adult ADD. How many of you have it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think it is over diagnosed as well. I think behavior modification is key and starting early is important. I had a hard time getting Ritalin or Adderall for a while since it is a controlled substance, something about the government only allowing a certain amount produced. Adderall is abused for weight loss and college kids abuse it.

When I take Adderall, it slows me down. I had to have my dose cut down because it would make me very sleepy. For people with no issues Adderall makes them super focused and they lose their appetite, for me it slows me down but a little too much and its nap time for me.

I went to counseling for behavior modification after I took the series of tests at a counseling center my doctor recommended for me. The meds just help mask the issues but does not correct them for me due to years of bad habits, avoidance rather than correction lead to years of bad behaviors.
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just started taking Adderall (prescription), and during my research of it, I saw that most people had the symptoms you described. I guess I lucked out. The only symptom for me so far is loss of time (due to focus), and very mild and rare headaches. It's worked wonders for me. And like you, it took a while to get it. I waited almost a year.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some say autism is a life sentence, for the child too.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003